***Elena***

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th!

So last night I watched the fireworks at the Art Museum from the roof of University Crossings. I was afraid that it would be canceled because of the weather, but luckily the rain held out until the very end. I went up to the roof with 2 of my roommates and another friend. There weren't too many people there when we arrived at like 8:15pm, but more people showed up later. It was a Hawaiian theme, so they had leis and cute lights and everything.

I really like the new management of our building. Yes, the rent is going up quite a bit in the fall, and we will be paying the same as everyone else with a 2 bed 1 bath, even though we have tiny bedrooms and no view. But they are doing a lot in the building. We now have a game room attached to our gym and an adorable study lounge. They are also planning more fun and free events in the future.

So anyway, back to the fireworks. The wall around the roof was kind of high, so I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to see the fireworks very well. But once the fireworks at the Art Museum started, we had a perfect view of them. I watched them with my friends and boyfriend; it was the perfect way to celebrate the 4th.

In my next post I will include some pics from last night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home