***Elena***

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Crawl For A Cure

Last night, I went on the Crawl For A Cure, a bar crawl to raise money for people living with Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). ALS is a degenerative neurological disorder with no cure and a life expectancy of about 5 years. Those afflicted lose the ability to write, speak, walk, swallow, and eventually die from complications from the disorder. At Drexel, I am involved in the new organization called Drexel ALS Awareness Association (DALSAA). My friend started the club last year because of her research with ALS, and I joined because my aunt passed away 2 years ago from the disease.

I helped to organize the crawl by promoting and ordering the t shirts. All participants paid $20, and they got bus transportation to 4 Philly bars, drink specials and all of the bars, and a t shirt. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun, and hopefully we were able to raise a good amount of money. One of the bars also asked us to come back and guest bartend Thursday nights, and we'd get to keep all of our tips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home