***Elena***

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rae

Monday was my boyfriend Matt's 23rd birthday. We spent most of the weekend together, and then I took him to dinner on Monday night. We went to this restaurant, Rae, which is on the first floor of the Cira Center, a new office building adjacent to 30th Street Station. It actually worked out really nicely, because his birthday fell on University City Dining Days. That is a week or so where a number of restaurants in University City offer price-fixed menus for $15, $25, or $30. You get a choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. I went to Pod for dining days last summer, and it was amazing.

Rae was one of the $30 restaurants, but it was worth every penny. I had a garden salad, grilled salmon, and sorbet for dessert. He got a Caesar salad, roasted chicken, and an orange tort for dessert. Everything was exceptional, and the service was very good as well. They even wrote "Happy birthday, Matt!" in chocolate on the plate of his dessert. After dinner we just sat in the quad for a while by the fountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home