***Elena***

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ahh, I'm 20!

I turned 20 today! It's really weird to think that I'm not a teenager anymore. Pretty soon I'll be graduating and getting a job and all that. Ahhh.

So far it's been a great birthday. Last night Keith took me to Melting Pot, which is this really nice fondue place. While there is one near my house, I've never been there, though I'd always wanted to go. I pretty much just expected cheese fondue, but it was so much more than that. We ordered the signature sampler for 2, which came with cheese fondue, salad, and an entree.

The waitress actually made the cheese fondue at the table, and brought out like bread and carrots and apples and stuff. Then we both had a salad. I got this California salad, which had feta cheese and was amazing. Then for the entree the waitress brought out raw vegetables (potatos, squash, mushrooms, and broccoli) and raw meats (salmon, filet mignon, chicken, shrimp, and terayaki beef).

So to cook it, you speared the food and put it in the fondue thing with the broth you selected. We got Coq au Vin, which is this wine broth thing. It was fun cooking the food with the fondue set, and it tasted really good.

So this morning I have just been enjoying not doing anything, and not having to wake up early to give a tour. Unfortunately, now I have to do some differential equations work because I have a final on Monday night. But I'm so pumped about tonight!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home